During the Covid 19/Corona virus situation Demon Reports had the idea to do the interview with artists and the bands from all over the world about this situation and global pandemic. In this interview one of our Journalists Vladimir Cincovic had an interview with Back-Vocalist and Guitarist Ari Lempinen from Finish progressive crushers Sonus Corona about the whole Covid 19 situation, how he sees the bands, venues and fans after this situation, what he misses the most during this Corona virus situation, about the live streaming show trends, below:
1. During the Corona virus/Covid 19 situation, what was the main thing that keep you occupied during the lock-down, did it helped in the creative way, like creating new music, songs, ideas, etc?
”For the most part we have been busy writing new music and honing our live set. The situation has definitely had an impact in all of us and it will most likely have an effect on what we compose as well.”
2. How did this situation affected you in the promotional way, since the shows are not allowed, did the social media helped in promotional way, also did this situation affected you in financial way, as well?
”Well we really gave serious thought about changing our name “Sonus Corona”. As the pandemic got worse we were screaming like the badger on a mountain top. But so far we have decided to keep it. In fact we’ve had a slight growth boom on all of our social media accounts during the lock-down. Social media has been and is now more than ever a big tool to promote and engage fans. Otherwise we have not been that active on live stages in the past few years but for this year we had some excellent shows planned. Obviously we are massively disappointed but the lock-down is clearly the right decision.”
3. Do you think that the major festival and venues, as well the other bands would easily recover from this situation and how much will take your band to recover in your own opinion?
”For us this is a nuisance nothing more. I know we will recover. For other bands, venues etc who are more dependent on live shows it is of-course a big challenge.”
4. How do you interact with fans during this situation, what will you do to be there for your fans, would you live stream maybe your shows, or something else that can be interesting for your fans ?
”We are releasing a few live recordings of our songs from our rehearsal place and we strive to stay active in social media.”
5. What do you miss the most? Live shows or being around the people that are close to you?
”Actual face to face social interactions for sure!”
6. Who will suffer the most are those bands, festivals, venues or fans?
”Some cope better than others it is impossible to say. Everybody.”
7. Which record you choose for the isolation theme for this situation, which one fits perfectly for this situation?
”Natural Born Chaos – Soilwork.”
8. How do you personally see this global pandemic, do you have advice for fans and the other bands – how to easily overcome this situation?
”Stay positive and safe!”
9. What do you think of this live-streaming trend, how does this look and sound to you?
”We have to adapt to the situation and live streaming is a great example of bands adapting.”
10. Finally, do you have a message for the fans and the audience in this tough times?
”Can’t stress it enough. Stay positive and strong. We will overcome this.”
Thank you for the interview, stay safe!
Check out the song for the “Time Is Not On your Side”, here: