During the Covid 19/Corona virus situation Demon Reports team had the idea to do the interview with artists and the bands from all over the world about this situation and global pandemic. In this interview one of our Journalists Vladimir Cincovic had an interview with Guitarist Steve and Guitarist/Vocalist Ivan from USA metal/hardcore band Of Wolves about the whole Covid 19 situation, how does they see the bands, venues and fans after this situation, what they miss the most during this Corona virus situation, about the live streaming show trends, below:
1. During the Corona virus/Covid 19 situation, what was the main thing that keep you occupied during the lock-down, did it helped in the creative way, like creating new music, songs, ideas, etc?
Steve: ”Working on the new video for our song ”Mens Rea (Izaguf)” and other prep for our new album ‘Balance’ to be released on July 4th!
Ivan: ”Practicing my instrument. I knew this could be a while, so I focused on getting better at my instrument. Reading has a major role in the creative aspect for me, so I tried to read as many books as I could to hopefully be able to translate that into music at some point.”
2. How did this situation affected you in the promotional way, since the shows are not allowed, did the social media helped in promotional way, also did this situation affected you in financial way, as well?
Steve: ”We all lost our jobs and have no backing or support form our shady ass government so there has been no money to do anything special so cool to help raise money or do something cool for our fans. It has been very hard. Our country is upside down right now because we have let some men run it.”
3. Do you think that the major festival and venues, as well the other bands would easily recover from this situation and how much will take your band to recover in your own opinion?
Steve: ”This hurt me in many ways as besides 3 Floyds Brew Pub is where I worked I also am a sound guy & stage hand. So this has effected me in many ways. Our summer tour is cancelled all our festivals are cancelled. All my sound gigs… its sad and we all miss the music. But so far at least we are all healthy. As soon as we feel safe we will be right back. It will take awhile to book shows, a tour and fest etc but its a new world.”
4. How do you interact with fans during this situation, what will you do to be there for your fans, would you live stream maybe your shows, or something else that can be interesting for your fans ?
Steve: ”I have done a couple Facebook live “parties” where I just hung out and played music & chatted with folks all night. I plan to do a bedtime story thing starting this weekend Saturday night & hopefully I will do something else maybe some live shit like a piano tune or two. Maybe some crazy industrial noise. Depends on how much time I have left after wrapping up the album release!”
5. What do you miss the most? Live shows or being around the people that are close to you?
Ivan: ”Personally I miss the live shows a lot, its a social gathering like no other. Steve: I agree with Ivan. The only thing I miss is the music. Everything about it.”
6. Who will suffer the most are those bands, festivals, venues or fans?
Ivan: ”Everybody is suffering during this time.”
Steve: ”Anyone who uses this to put food on the table or take care of a family and is not getting some kid of support from their gigs feeling it the worst. But no matter what we should all bare in mind that it could always be worse and be thankful for our health and that of our loved ones.”
7. Which record you choose for the isolation theme for this situation, which one fits perfectly for this situation?
Steve:” Funny thing I recently asked a similar question on our page. But my answer was a band Isis! Fits all my moods and feelings so well.”
Ivan: ”High Priest” of Saturn’s Son of Earth and Sky. It’s so fucking beautiful and heavy, great meditation album.”
8. How do you personally see this global pandemic, do you have advice for fans and the other bands – how to easily overcome this situation?
Steve: ”This is uncharted territory for all of us. But the main thing is you may never have this kind of time to yourself ever again. Maybe if you get to retire… So use it! Do something great for yourself. Focus on you & what you want. CREATE! I know I personally want to learn from it & make a better world for myself & I hope we can all somehow make that happen.”
9. What do you think of this live-streaming trend, how does this look and sound to you?
Ivan: ”Live stream is a great tool, unfortunately not everybody has the right equipment for it, but why not use it if you can. Doesn’t beat a live show though.”
10. Finally, do you have a message for the fans and the audience in this tough times?
Steve: ”Whether we know it or not many of us are healing right now. And healing can suck & be painful. USE THIS TIME! RENEW! HEAL! CREATE! & when this is all over get involved. Lets fix this world and not let these evil hoarding conmen continue on this tirade of destruction.”